Helpful Resources to navigate and advance the Sustainable Development Agenda
Today thousands of people from all over the world are gathered at the United Nations Headquarters in New York to follow the High Level Political Forum (HLPF) for Sustainable Development. The HLPF is the largest and most important annual meeting to follow-up on the progress and challenges in implementing the international agenda for sustainable development – currently outlined by the Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
If you are attending the HLPF this year or not, here are some key resources to help you navigate the HLPF concept and the Agenda for Sustainable Development. We also gathered tools that permits you to explore civil society and other stakeholders’ engagement in the process, access the Voluntary National Reviews (VNR) from participating countries in 2016 and 2017, and stay tuned with news, reports, thematic discussions and more.
Resources on the Agenda for Sustainable Development:
- SDGs: Targets, indicators, data, progress and info on the SDGs.
- HLPF: Find the National reports to the HLPF from 2016 and 2017, inputs to the HLPF from governments and stakeholders, and more.
- HLPF Program: Including high-level discussions, thematic reviews, schedule of the voluntary national reviews.
- Side Events to the HLPF: List of over 100 events on sustainable development taking place in the sides of the HLPF. Side events are organized by government, civil society and other stakeholders.
- Civil Society and other stakeholders’ engagement: Discover which groups are formally represented in the structure of the HLPF.
- The Sustainable Development Knowledge Platform: Information about the sustainable development agenda and goals.
- SDG Resource Centre: Access daily updated content on each of the SDGs (news, reports, scientific research, events, useful links, etc.). It also gives you access to a group discussion platform for each SDG.
- SDG Knowledge Hub: Keep updated on events happening throughout the globe on the SDGs, access to news and policy briefs, and more.
Examples of what Dianova is doing, saying and supporting on each SDG under review at the HLPF this year:
- SDG1 Poverty: An integrated approach to the Sustainable Development Agenda through poverty eradication
- SDG3 Health and Wellbeing: Dianova network supports the EU minimum quality standards in drug demand reduction
- SDG4 Education: High Level SDG Action Event on Education
- SDG5 Gender Equality: A call to address women-specific vulnerabilities in the current flow of forced migration
- SDG9 Sustainable Infrastructures: Hotel Europeo in Nicaragua: Commitment to sustainable infrastructure, responsible tourism and social development
- SDG17 Partnership: The third sector as major player in the construction of a more just society for the XXI century
- NGO Major Groups: Dianova contributes to the Position Paper for the 2017 High-Level Political Forum