The humanitarian reception centre, Dianova Madrid, provides a service of urgent humanitarian aid for immigrants.
The centre’s objective is to mitigate the vulnerable situations of immigrants, providing them with accommodation and support, covering their basic needs, and equipping them with social skills to promote their integration into our society.
The centre deals with immigrants, especially those who have arrived at coastal areas and in the cities of Ceuta and Melilla, thereby acting in a social and humanitarian interest. These people are vulnerable because of physical deterioration and a lack of social support, familial support, and/or a lack of financial resources.
Services Provided by the Centre
Accomodation and Support
- Economic and material support throughout length of stay.
- Temporary accommodation.
- Development of behavioural, emotional and cognitive abilities for personal wellbeing and social functioning.
- Development of areas related to self-awareness, self-esteem, and independence in order to self-regulate behaviour.
- Development of personal protection practices.
Education and Training
- Healthy habits: hygiene, food, sport, etc.
- Risky behaviour associated with consumption, sexual practices, etc.
- HIV and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Spanish language
- Knowledge of the Spanish society: history, culture and geography
- Psychological attention.
- Legal advice.
- Occupational, leisure, and sport activities.