AJEAH – Togo
Association des Jeunes Engagés pour l’Action Humanitaire (Togo)
AJEAH (Association of Youth Committeed to Humanitarian Action) is a development NGO established in 2007 to contribute to improving people’s living conditions, promoting the rule of law and good governance and ensuring that Togo is in the path to sustainable development.
The mission of AJEAH is to work for the promotion, defense and protection of human rights, safeguard the rights of communities to access natural resources, defend environmental interests and sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, the association benefits from the financial support of the European Union and other technical and financial partners.
Some of the Ojectives of AJEAH
- Promoting local development while combating poverty and food insecurity in rural areas,
- Developing education and health in local communities,
- Promoting human rights and participatory democracy through education,
- Improving exchanges between local communities and to raising awareness of environment protection needs,
- Raising awareness among communities of the need to address children’s sexual exploitation and HIV / AIDS.
Sustainable Development Goals
A regional awareness-raising and training workshop for NGOs and civil society organizations (CSOs) from the plateau region has been organized by AJEAH and other NGOs and government agencies on the Green Climate Fund issue. This fund aims to promote resilient and low-carbon development models capable of contributing to the global effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. This capacity building workshop contributed to goal 13 target 3 (education on climate change), goal 12 target 2 (sustainable management of resources) and goal 17 (partnerships).
- Associate member of Dianova International
- Recognized as an NGO by the Ministry of Planning and Development
- Signing of an agreement/programme with the Government of Togo
- Anti-corruption Network of Togo
- Civil society organizations’ platform for HIV/AIDS and health promotion
- Forum of the Organizations of Defense of Children’s Rights in Togo
- Council of NGOs and Association of the Plateaux region (COADEP)
- Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) (civil society network)
- United Nations Global Compact
- Special Consultative Status to the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)