CEPA – Romania
The European Centre for Addiction Prevention (Romania) aims to promote and implement drug prevention initiatives
CEPA also participates in the evaluation of public policies and wishes to change the view of Romanian society on addiction and public health issues while encouraging healthier lifestyles.
Education and training, health and HIV/AIDS, addiction prevention and advocacy activities
CEPA at a Glance
N/A + 20
Collaborators and volunteers
CEPA is solely dedicated to outreach working and advocacy initiatives
People served in 2016
Activities of CEPA
- Projects that aim to promote healthier lifestyles through school-based addiction and HIV/AIDS prevention initiatives,
- Actions destined to promote the role of NGOs and intersectional cooperation in the addiction and public health fields, with support from the media,
- Psychosocial support programmes for former inmates,
- Advocacy initiatives to defend the inmate population’s human rights (national campaign),
CEPA’s various initiatives in the areas of prevention, awareness-raising and social support are implemented in partnership with the Drugs National Agency and within the various schools and penal institutions in Bucharest, the country’s capital city.
Advocacy and Research
CEPA advocates the importance of human rights of prisoners and makes analysis of institutional mechanisms and legal frameworks for development, monitoring, and evaluation of public policies.In addition, the centre develops projects for practical application of scientific research results in the field of drugs- and drug addiction in partnership with the National Anti-drug Agency.
- Associate member of Dianova International
- Special Consultative Status to the United Nation’s Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
- Registered organization to the Department of Economic and Social Affairs of the UN (DESA)