GRADH – Togo
Reflection Group of Friends for Human Development (Togo)
Through theater performances, GRADH aims to educate and sensitize people to promote the prevention of communicable diseases and promote good hygiene practices to improve the health of the community.
The Reflection Group of Friends for Human Development (Groupe de Réflexion des Amis pour le Développement de l’Humainn – GRADH) was created in 2004 to promote culture, education and health. In 2017, the association’s 350 volunteers and nearly 70 theater groups, have helped to raise awareness of these issues among 120,000 people.
Among other activities, the GRADH organizes a yearly theater festival for health education (FESTHES) that addresses various topics, such as the prevention of HIV/AIDS, malaria, Ebola virus disease, etc. In addition, the association implements campaigns to raise awareness of other hygiene issues and natural disasters.
- Organization of a yearly theater festival on themes of education and health, with national or international theater companies. This festival is called “Theater Festival for Education and Health (FESTHES),
- Organization of public awareness campaigns in the field of health, culture and education,
- Promotion of theater groups in population,
- Technical assistance and capacity building of members of theater companies
- Public awareness of preventable diseases,
- Organization of tours, outings and excursions,
- Exhibitions of works of art,
- Organization of intercultural exchanges
The GRADH at a Glance
350 + 3
350 volunteers et 3 employees
from 27 theater companies received training
reached out in 2017
Project to raise public awareness about corruption and its consequences through theatrical performances. Read project (French)