Fundación Dianova Nicaragua
Established in 1986, the Dianova Nicaragua Foundation implements educational and vocational training projects aimed primarily at vulnerable communities. In addition, the Foundation is now developing a responsible tourism project through the Europeo Hotel in Managua, an establishment whose proceeds are used to finance the Foundation’s social projects.
Dianova Nicaragua at a Glance
Women: 75%, men: 25%
1 educational centre, 1 hotel
Have benefited from Dianova Nicaragua’s education and training programmes in 2017
Progammes and Activities
- Training for young people (introductory courses in physics, chemistry and biology laboratory, computer courses)
- Life Skills Workshops
- Community health internship programmes (nutrition and care)
- Responsible tourism training course
Dianova Nicaragua and the Sustainable Development Goals
Goal 4: Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning
In 2017 Dianova Nicaragua carried out training activities based on a global approach to education. These activities supported the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goal 4 and other objectives associated with the training of schoolchildren and students from vulnerable communities:
- Computer courses and science internships
- Development of good practices in community health (nutrition, medical assistance)
- Promotion of internships for university students
- Implementation of workshops on gender equality and human rights in schools.
The activities of Dianova Nicaragua have created the conditions for children and young people to strengthen their social skills, build their own identity and become actors in the exercise and defense of their rights, with a view to integral development.