Dianova USA Inc.
Founded in 2014, Dianova USA works with Dianova International to implement advocacy initiatives in the fields of women’s rights, assistance to migrants and refugees, mental health and for reinforcing the role of civil society in international organizations. These initiatives are associated with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Dianova USA is also dedicated to raising funds to help develop some of the Dianova Network’s social projects.
Dianova International Delegation in New York
The office of Dianova USA is located opposite the UN headquarters in New York. Its opening was made possible following a cooperation agreement signed in 2014 between Dianova International and the United Methodist Church. Since then, Dianova has maintained an active presence in the meetings organized by the UN or the Organization of American States and reinforced its capacity for advocacy within international organizations and through the various NGO committees to which it belongs.
New York Delegation Advocacy Activities in 2017
Women’s Rights and Empowerment
- “Violence, crisis and other problems, and noncommunicable diseases: repercussions on the health and well-being of women and children”
- “Empowerment through education: women’s participation in decision-making processes and economic life” – oral intervention by Dianova Spain
- “Fighting xenophobia: the social and economic contribution of migrant women” – oral contribution
- “Challenges and opportunities for the economic development of migrant women” – oral contributions by Dianova International and Dianova Spain
- “Innovations for education, technology and mental health for economic and social empowerment”
Role of Civil Society
- Signature of the official positioning of the NGO Major Group in preparation of the High Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF). Read more – read the Major Group’s positioning in English, Spanish, French
- Signature in support of the letter by the NGO Major Group to ECOSOC advocating an improved participation of civil society in the High Level Political Forum
- July 13, HLPF – oral statement at the Event: “Our Realities: A Justice-Based Approach to the SDGs”, New York (USA)
- July 18, HLPF – oral statement at the Event: “Civil Society, Driving Change towards Sustainable Societies – Models for Strengthening Civil Society”, New York (USA)
- Participation and written statement at the ECOSOC Integration Segment in preparation for the High Level Policy Forum on Sustainable Development – Read statement
- Participation in meetings of the Conference of NGOs in Consultative Relations with the United Nations (CoNGO)